HARD CHOICES IN LOVE

Nov 19, 2011 3 comments

Eyes in eyes, Hand in hand,
Walking on the endless roads. 
Those innocent steps on that despair land,
Taking us both away from our unquestionable goals.

                            
Dates, movies, late night talks had followed,
In that every sense of his company, there was a warmth swallowed.

Love was blooming, time was running,
With each passing day my mind into some brain storming.
Affair was fresh, puppy love at its best,
And to every confusion, my heart answered “Leave Best, go to Rest!”

I followed my heart’s order, let go my brain’s decision,
“I love You” n “You Love Me” became my soul recognition.

And one day it came to the crunch,
I stood numb & my halted life in front.
That earlier sense of ambition had oozed out,
Relationships and Love were the only things that revolved around.

Feelings were true and reality bitter,
Love and Life seemed separate glitters.
With him or without him was the question,
Losing me or Being Me was the answer.

One wrong decision and history would  repeat,
And if I failed this “real test”, I’ll be the one whom I cheat.

Life was unfair, Love was unfaithful,
Slowly and slowly, I tend to lose my cool.
Between Me & You I had to choose,
But any part of myself was something I couldn’t afford to lose.

A realization that served as a wakeup call,
How could I lose myself now that I had stood after a great fall!

Decision was tough, choice was hard…
For the first time ever I didn’t listen to my heart.
Shun the feelings, let go the present…
Had to secure the future before I descent!

Because of certain feelings, I couldn’t just let myself be the bait,
And to revive myself, the time still wasn’t too late.
Have to be stronger to survive this hearty itch,
Between “Me” and “You”, I knew now whom to ditch!

Clarity followed, decisions implemented…
And all the after thoughts of self-guilt and humanity silently lamented.
I know I will miss you,
But this time it was must to bid adieu.


I chose the right path and ended the story,
In future if YOU have to make hard choice in love then don’t worry!
Then  just remember what this poetess says,
“Choose a partner once you are complete,
Please don’t finalize someone whom you just meet…
Finding a one to share your completeness are few,
But my dear never choose your Love only as to complete You!”

P.S- I didn’t mind having you, but at the cost of losing myself is something I will never pay for!









3 comments:

  • Ronie Singh said...

    So many choices one must make,
    Walking down life's rocky road,
    Starting with steps of innocence all take,
    With loving parents, who bare the load,

    Knowledge gained as one grows,
    As the questions never end to learn more,
    With the teen years going from highs to lows,
    In the identity and self-independence war,

    Then adulthood beckons with shoes or not,
    As the walk going forth,
    Leads to the climax of your plot,
    Whether it be south or north,

    Old moments come quickly once there,
    Looking back for what could have been,
    Pondering if all was fair,
    While possibly stroking your chin..

    PS-u've expresed the poem so well it reminded me of another poem "farewell to false love" Decisions are the endless uncertainties of life that we'll not know if they're right until the very end, so do the best you can and hope its right. you have made a wise choice, its said that Your life changes the moment you make a new, congruent, and committed decision. im sure u'l experience that change very soon ;)

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Sunakshi | TNB