Gift your Future Self- Keep a Journal!

Mar 17, 2012 3 comments
“Life Sucks!”  ; “I am screwed again!”; “I feel useless!”
If these have been your recent self-verbose, than it’s time to end your ever wandering expedition against life.
Give your wandering self a direction, write down your thoughts- keep a Journal, NOT A DIARY!
Writing down your daily experiences along with the lessons drawn from them will make you wiser each passing day. Penning down your thoughts on daily basis forces you to indulge in one-on –one conversation with yourself thereby bringing out the clearer thinker in you and helping you live in a more intentional and enlightened way.
The chronicle trio of Self-Awareness, Self-Confidence and Self- Achievement comes to life with just a regular 10-min lamenting. Journaling helps you clarify your intentions so that you remain focused on countable things and kick-off all those screwing stuff!
Your journal creates a room in your life, all to yourself where you speak your mind, speak your soul, flex your imagination and define your dreams irrespective of the words used or language presented.
Remember, in journaling, “Thoughts Speak, not the Words!”
Also, it provides a cornerstone to record your insights on important issues, note key strategies that have worked for you and commit to all those things you know are important to achieve for a high-quality, professional, personal and spiritual life.
Journaling defines your life in a clearer and specific manner forcing you to observe how your motivation waxes and wanes thereby helping you grow each day!
Unlike the myth that has been believed for ages, “A Journal is not a Diary!” A diary is a place where you record events while a journal is a place where you analyze and evaluate them. Keeping a journal encourages you to consider what you do, why you do it and what you have learned from all you’ve done.
Medical researchers have even found that writing in a private journal for as little time as 15 min a day can improve health, functioning of your immune system and your overall attitude.
Don’t forget what Robin Sharma recalls-
“If your life is worth thinking about, it is worth writing about.”
So grab the best handmade paper sheet and your favorite pen and quietly step into this palatial world of journaling.  Because writing a journal not only lets you see where you’ve been but can also be a window to your future!

3 comments:

  • Kristin Montoya said...

    I am horrible at keeping up with the day to day responsibility of journaling. I have tried again and again but never seem to last more than a couple months before I forget about it. But now I am on a journey of self-discovery. I feel that I am terribly lost; that something is "missing".. I'm hoping that journaling now will put me in a better state of mind. I want to grow spiritually and I'm really hoping that I will do so if I keep up with my journal. Thank you for your post, as it has provided me with encouragement and the logic behind journaling as a form of self-healing (spiritually). Wish me luck!

  • Sunakshi said...

    Keeping your journal will definitely help you enrich self awareness thereby making your way to spirituality. View journaling as your necessity and not responsibility. It might be hard for the initial one week but later on you'll start loving it. Good Luck! :)

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Sunakshi | TNB