A teacher in Real Sense..!

Mar 28, 2011 0 comments
For four months back from now, I remember sitting with my elder sister discussing with her the most burning topic of that time- “my forthcoming college life”. We talked about friends, fun and other college stuff, but to my surprise she added one more tile to the mosaic of my life coloured by “teachers”.  She was quite poignant while telling me about the teacher-student bonding. I laughed incredulously at what my ears had just heard. After all a young raring mind was never ever ready to believe such “Eklavya” type stories. This was the reality for me until I came to college and encountered a never realized thought before.
Down the memory lane, I can still recall each second of that 60 min lecture which added a new chapter to my book of principles. The first lecture of my college life and the sixth lecture of the subject schedule. This was because I had joined late. The gal next to me told that it was Mathematics class and the topic going on was Infinite Series. “GOSH!” was the word I murmured in response. From the very beginning, Maths has always filled me with a sense of ennui. And Infinite Series for heaven’s sake has appeared more irritating than Ekta Kapoor’s serials. While I was busy introspecting my thoughts, entered a man in the class who had a suave and gentlemanly persona. With an inceptive smile, he wrote on the board “Leibnitz Rule”. All I could think that moment were just two things, first he seemed impressive and second that Leibnitz was quite a funny name. The next 60 min were spent gingerly listening to what he taught. I was amazed to realize that the time which I thought would be toughest for me to bear has passed away in an unknowing manner. For the first time I actually understood infinite Series in the first go itself and that too when the topic was approaching its finishing line. It seemed a time of real celebration for me. This could be possible because of two reasons- either the chapter was too easy or the way he taught too different. Through my past two year’s experience, I am sure it wasn’t the first case, so definitely it was the latter one.
Time passed by and maths became a subject of interest for me. Every time he stepped out the class after the 60 min lecture, I was left with new lessons about life to ponder over with. Each passing day, i learnt two things from him, one concerning maths and other concerning life. And it’s not just me. I am sure many others too feel the same as he was adored and respected by all. Clearly evident from the strength of students present in his class. Hardly anyone could think of bunking his lecture because his class was a blend of learning with fun, masti and other frank interactions from his and our life which all together created an ethereal magic that forced us to stick to our seats. His indefatigable and perseverant attitude always signaled us to live life with aplomb. He never got angry over our wrong deeds rather helped us understand the cause and further improve the same. He firmly believed that primarily every student has something unique to offer. The next step is to identify and hone these skills and see how they can be leveraged best in the larger context. He always told us to believe in the philosophy of “helping”. He said a person helping others is worth calling a human. Through his college stories which he shares with us, it can be clearly concluded that besides a versatile teacher, he was also a splendid student. He has brought the difference to my life. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Sunakshi | TNB