BLISSFUL RIDE (Learning from the journey, NOT the destination!)

Mar 14, 2012 0 comments

Gazing at the illuminated road,
With my heart battling in that four wheel drive,
Thoughts spring up…
Which earlier I declared to be inept.
The bags that I had packed meticulously,
In my voyage through Delhi,
With the tires racing towards the station,
Resurrecting me from an earlier self-cremation!

The lofty buildings, the bohemian style and the gracious living,
Made me feel alienated…
But a tint of inspiration also existed,
Because more than the New Age Life,
It was my interaction with the
Independency of the city that persisted!

DELHI- A site that has always filled me with elation,
Given me more of a challenge than dream,
A dare to subsist the lifestyle of the city,
That may be ordinary to Delhiites,
But regal to me!

Suddenly the red light inertia
Pulled me out of my seat,
And when I returned
The focus of my thoughts have shifted,
From me to others it has now drifted!

An unavailing, unrequited question popped up,
That identified numerous small town girls like me,
With the same dream in their eyes,
And demanded from me a vindication,
On what grounds, above them did I rise!

The question dripped in suspicion,
If really I stood out, if really I outshined the crowd
Of course I did! I knew
But how? I had no clue!

The answer was graceless, my heart restless,
The cab swiftly squeezed through the gridlock,
My mind froze away,
Wandering on the thought full field like a dog astray!
It was must to answer this query,
“Yes I definitely did!”, but the explanation was wary.

If the question was rhetoric, answer became hysteric.
I started with wild speculations,
“Passion?” Nah, everyone has it today,
“Determination?” no, anyone can build that,
Then may be “Hope”, certainly not!
Than how was I unique?
The lost key now made me tremble weak.

More and more red lights crossed,
Humps jumped, roundabouts circled…
My mind baffled in insecurity
If it was actually a myth I’ve been living with,
But I know it can’t! Cuz it has always been my top priority!

As the wheels took the closing turn towards the station,
A current quivered through my mind
Tranquilizing all my worries
There was something I knew this time!

A realization that satisfied
My thirsty quest for lifetime
With a shining pride I told myself
“Yes! I certainly projected out!”
Because each second I’ve been working
Towards a dream so well envisaged,
Such that the result will be perfect
When the fruit will be reaped!

I was growing each day,
Transformations evolved every short interval
Each time pushing me a step closer to my way!

I have already started living my dream,
At initial stages and in my beliefs,
I’ve already started sensing my desire,
Which no one else could ever acquire
Because they were just aim fully working
Towards a goal they had set
But were far from achieving
Since the attainment was only at my behest!

This is how I outstripped,
I was at my best
Not to blow it, not to show it
I was on the right path
If only I kept walking…

As the cab parked at the destination
I ended my pet talk
Down stepped my feet
Followed by a strutting walk!
I oozed a new magnetism
And a pink glow radiated
Which made others look at me
Across a naked truth…
That has now been separated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Sunakshi | TNB