My College, My Way??

Jan 19, 2011 0 comments
Being a child, life seems really easy and comfortable. I remember watching my elder brother making his way to his college life and enjoying every bit of it. And the only thing my fifth grader mind could conclude was that it is fun to be a teenager, fun to be a college student rather than being a nine year old who just have to complete tones of homework, has to listen to what mommy says and is every time made shut her mouth by those irking words “tum abhi choti ho.” But as we grow up and snap out of our little innocent envelope and expose ourselves to the realities of the world, things tend to turn in an entire opposite manner then the one we have envisaged in our childhood fantasies. It is when the real time comes. “College” a word now tantamount to fear and excitement is something that really freaks out almost all teenagers thinking if their college will be their own way or not. Excited because the young raring minds are ready to accept the forthcoming challenges with alacrity and fear because the callow youth is too fragile for any goddamned mistake. Being the one in the band wagon, I too have the same mindset. My indefatigable and versatile demeanor have always been my strength but at the same time the anxiousness of building up an independent image and living up to the highest of my potential in a new place have always scared me.
 With all such mixed thoughts I entered my college last year. As time passed, I experienced being a part of an ostentatious race where everybody is always ready to brag about what they have got. But to my surprise, my college offered ample chances to come up with what you possess. Sometimes it felt as if every single opportunity was designed keeping in mind every other student realize his/her real competence. This whole bizarre story of capability, competition, proving oneself, being better than the other and stuff has been escalated in colleges these days through its numerous technical clubs and societies and other daily competitions , seminars and expert talks. All these combine to give a strenuous environment completely impeccable to bring one out from his/her nutshell and face the Utopian World with an incentive approach. This is what makes up Youth India. Similarly, I too discovered my spectacular oratory skills and convincing presenting skills in my past 6 months of college life. It gave a new bend to my perspective of being a fresher and helped me overcome all the fears related to the same. 
The whole aura made me realize my weaknesses and strengths and eventually I ended up being a winner. Now the word “college” does freak me but fills me up with an unexplainable joy and inquisitiveness. My 6 months in college has helped me discover myself and kick started my life with a new trail that goes all to my way. Yes it’s MY COLLEGE, MY WAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 Sunakshi | TNB